What exactly is Cinnamon Powder?
Cinnamon powder comes from the bark of tropical, evergreen trees. In order to harvest cinnamon, it's peeled off of the inside of the bark of the tree. There are two main types of cinnamon: Ceylon and Cassia. The majority of the cinnamon you'll find at the grocery store is Cassia.
Why is Cinnamon Powder good for health?
Cinnamon powder contains Calcium, Magnesium, and other important nutrients. It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that help to fight off infection-causing microbes. It also improves one’s immunity and contains anti-cancer properties.
What are its nutritional properties?
The nutritional value of ground Cinnamon per 1 teaspoon of serving size is as follows:
- Total Energy: 6 Calories
- Fat: 0.3 gm
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 gm
- Protein: 0.1 gm
- Calcium: 26 mg
- Iron: 0.2 mg
- Magnesium: 2 mg
- Phosphorous: 2 mg
- Potassium: 11 mg
- Vitamin C: 0.1 mg
How much Cinnamon powder can be consumed per day?
Take 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder per day. Do not take it in excess quantities as it can lead to many problems.
How is cinnamon taken as a medicine?
- Powder form - Cinnamon powder can be used for cooking. Add a pinch of it while preparing your favorite dish. Adding this in your morning oatmeal has a lot of health benefits.
- Supplement - Take advice from your healthcare provider or nutritionist before using Cinnamon as a supplement.
- Liquid Concoction - Add a pinch of Cinnamon to plain hot water and drink it up. You can even add a few drops of lemon. Adding a pinch of Cinnamon to your morning tea or coffee has a lot of health benefits.
How does it benefit one’s health?
The benefits of Cinnamon are as follows:
- It is loaded with antioxidants
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Promotes the heart’s health
- Improves sensitivity to the hormone insulin
- Lowers blood sugar levels and has a powerful anti-diabetic effect
- Treats digestive disorders
Does Cinnamon help to lose weight?
Researches have shown that Organic cinnamon powder can in fact help you to lose weight.
Does Cinnamon help to regulate periods?
Organic cinnamon powder helps to maintain insulin levels in your body. This may have an effect on the menstrual cycle in women. Diseases like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is often caused by increased insulin levels, Cinnamon powder helps to regulate menstrual cycle.
Why should you buy from Nirogam?
The Nirogam Store offers a wide variety of medicines that treat almost all diseases naturally. Our products are made from the extracts of organically cultivated Ayurvedic herbs. So, they are free from side effects and artificial additives. You can shop online from the comfort of your home, buy the products that best suit your condition, and get them delivered right to your doorstep.