100% Authentic Ingredients
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Understated Issue: That’s What Acne Is
Symptoms of Acne: Its Marks of Destruction
- Like every other disease, acne also affects one’s health,
- In fact, unlike other diseases, side effects of acne include psychological pressures also.
- Peer pressure, stress, self esteem issues, to name a few, impact every individual.
- In worst cases, acne may even leave an irreversible scar on the skin.
- Ayurvedic treatment plans for acne focus on treating the symptoms and thereby preventing its recurrence.
- With no side-effects, you can get a flawless skin, free from pimples, dark spots, etc., through Ayurveda.
What causes Acne?
- Dull skin: An upcoming outbreak is announced by the pigmentation and patchiness on the skin as signs of acne.
- Black or White Heads: Pores that get clogged turn into white or black heads. Black heads are pores blocked by smoke, microbes and dust particles while white heads are the ones that are clogged by facial oil.
- Red Bumps: It is a small little bulge out of the skin that may turn squishy and be really painful.
- Pus-Filled Cysts: They are bumps that develop a white centre. The pus is filled with dead WBCs and microbes. After it pops in a couple of days, it may leave a mark. It is usually itchy.
What is Available: Treatment of Acne
- Clogged Pores: The main reasons for acne include washing the skin with too much chemicals or using makeup products strong on chemicals. The pores are clogged because of them and they further aggravate the situation by accumulating dust and pollutants.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Excess of male hormones during menopause or teenage years causes acne in women. Same happens with men during old age.
- Skin Infections or Inflammation: If bacteria thrives on skin, it can inflame the pores which can be painful. They turn into small areas of toxins and can aggravate the issue.
- Poor Physical or Mental Health: Poor gut health may also result in acne. Avoid spicy, carb rich food. Also, stress could result in acne.
Prevention is Better than Cure: Tips for Acne
- Topical Creams/Gels: Creams containing salicylic acid, retinol, etc. soothe the skin as they are anti inflammatory in nature. They help in drying up the ulcers and reduce the size of bumps. Long term use may result in discolouration of skin.
- Tablets or Pills: If the breakout is severe the common acne medication prescribed is antibiotics. If the cause is endocrine dysfunction, hormone pills are prescribed.
- Medical Therapies: Chemical peels, steroid injections, drainage/extraction are the last ways to treat acne. The result is immediate. However, for permanent relief, repeated sessions might be needed.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne: Herbs and facepacks are used to remove acne. It identifies the cause and works towards treating them.
- Because of nil side effects Ayurveda is the best treatment for acne.
- Natural regenerative capacity of the skin is increased through Ayurvedic formulations to treat acne.
- Needless to say, it brings a beautiful glow to the face as well!
Kitchen Treasures to Treat Acne
- Antioxidant Diet: Ensure enough water intake along with items like leafy veggies, Vitamin C fruits, fennel, fibrous foods etc. They form an important part of acne treatment at home.
- No constipation: Poor bowel movements are a sign of toxicity in blood which can cause breakouts. Be regular in your physical exercise and have Triphala for zero constipation.
- Avoid too much washing: Washing the face once or twice with a gentle cleanser is sufficient. Keep dandruff at bay for an acne free face.
- Sun Exposure: Too much exposure to sun can cause acne. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before 30 minutes of going out and keep reapplying it.
- Don’t touch, Don’t pop: Take the medicines. Don't use too many chemicals on skin and avoid touching or popping them.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Acne
- Turmeric-Mint Facepack: One of the natural ways to treat acne is applying a paste made out of turmeric and fresh mint juice. Apply to the affected area once in 3 days.
- Honey-Lemon Dab: Take honey and lemon in equal quantities and dap on the acne. Be cautious to avoid the open or damaged pores. Before washing it off, leave it for 10 minutes. Use this remedy daily for a zero leftover scar!
- Sesame Pack: Make a paste of overnight soaked sesame seeds and apply it for 10 minutes. This reduces the dryness cause as one of the effects of acne.
- Aloe Vera Massage: Those of you with sensitive skin, aloe vera is your best friend. Dab it on the acne twice a day and see the magic. It can be fresh aloe vera or a product off the shelf.
- Papaya Cover: Mash ripened papaya with water or rose water and apply it for 10 minutes on your face to completely cure the pimples.
Postures for Better Skin : Yoga
- Neem: One of the best herbs for anything related to skin. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory nature makes it a cure-it-all solution.
- Manjistha: A cleansing herb for acne, it cleans the pores of oil, pigments and microbes. It also balances hormones to improve the skin.
- Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) - This ancient home remedy to treat acne can be mixed with a variety of ingredients like sandalwood, Turmeric or Rose water. Their deadly combination provides an ever youthful skin clear of acne or spots.
- Holy Basil Paste: A paste made out of equal parts of Basil powder and water treats the skin tissues and acts as a preventive measure against skin infections. The paste is to be applied on acne and other inflamed areas for 10 minutes.
- Amla: The vitamin C content on amla fights off the microbes that cause acne thus preventing outbreaks. You could apply it as a paste or gulp it down as juice.
- Yoga completes the Ayurvedic treatment for acne.
- This exercise regime detoxifies the body eliminating pollutants, cholesterol or blood toxins.
- It is excellent in de-stressing the mind and body.
- For a glowing skin, you should definitely try the following asanas:
- Matsyasana:It boosts blood circulation by regulating heart functions and balances hormonal dysfunction.
- Chakrasana: Head receives an increased oxygen flow through this pose. It releases toxin from the gut muscles while also making the spine flexible.
- Halasana: If you suffer from constipation, this is your solution! The lower body muscles are strengthened, face tissues eased and neurons stimulated through this pose.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device