100% Authentic Ingredients
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
What is hair loss?
What causes hair fall?
- Loss of hair is a common phenomenon of the day.
- You may shed anything from 50-100 hair strands on a daily basis without losing the charm of your locks.
- But the real problem begins when you lose clumps/bundles of hair or notice hair fall from roots.
- Damaged follicles and poor strand strength reduce the re-growth capacity of hair, thereby leading to alopecia.
- It is a severe disorder that affects millions of people in their elder ages.
- Typical alopecia symptoms include excess hair loss in a short time, white bulb-like projection at hair ends and patchy scalp.
- It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of hair loss.
- Though hormonal changes, stress, lifestyle changes and diet are said to be common culprits.
- Also, degenerative conditions like scalp infection, psoriasis and dandruff cause hair fall which may aggravate over time.
- Prolonged hair loss can cause thinning, breakage, and even balding.
- Make sure to consult your physician for a hair fall treatment if you observe any of these signs.
What are the treatment options for hair loss?
- Hair health is highly sensitive to changes in the internal and external factors.
- Anything from weather, personal trauma and weight loss diet can be a cause of hair fall.
- Hormonal imbalance: There is a surge of hormones during pregnancy, post-delivery and menopause, they can weaken hair follicles.
- Scalp infection: Ringworm infestation and dandruff can dry up the hair roots, making your hair brittle and thin.
- Pollution and sun exposure: Keeping your exposed to open air and tight bands can shed off the protective keratin coating.
- Insufficient diet: Lack of iron and protein intake slows the hair growth rate. It also leads to generation of thin, dry and dull strands.
- Chemical products: Strong shampoos, gels and hair devices are the biggest enemies to hair fall control. They degrade the natural texture of hair.
- Chronic disorders: Heart problems, hypertension, Thyroid dysfunction, arthritis and lupus lead to increased hair loss.
- All of these factors majorly cause temporary hair loss which can be curbed with preventive measures and home remedies for hair fall.
- However, male/Female pattern baldness is hereditary in nature.
- It requires thorough Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall to prevent untimely death of hair follicles and generate new ones.
Can we really stop hair fall?
- Identification of the cause of hair loss is the first step towards finding your ideal hair fall solution.
- Your dermatologist may perform a physical exam and blood test to check for possible infections, autoimmune reactions or toxicity.
- Home remedies for dandruff and hair fall are sufficient to treat shedding caused by oily scalp, poor diet or environmental factors.
- However, you may have to consume chemical medications or undergo specialized surgeries to cure severe conditions like balding.
- Minoxidil and finasteride: Most commonly prescribed drugs to reverse hair loss. Affect the physical health of men. Can be applied topically or consumed as tablets.
- Corticosteroids: Chemically produced hormones that help in hair loss prevention. They control overactive white blood cells and slow down follicular ageing. Pose high risks in the long term.
- Hair transplant surgery: Popular alternative to medicines. Promotes hair regrowth in bald spots through skin grafting. Should be performed multiple times for complete coverage.
- Scalp reduction surgery: Bald/dead portions of scalp are replaced with the ones that contain follicles. Complicated and expensive treatment. Has a low success rate.
- Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss and regrowth: Uses natural herbs, dietary supplements and lifestyle modifications to stimulate hair growth. Can be used by all genders and ages.
- Ayurvedic remedies offer a hassle-free and cost effective means to regenerate follicles, strengthen hair strands and heal the scalp.
- That’s why it is one of the best hair fall treatment available today.
How can I regrow hair?
- Currently, there is no complete cure for hair loss or alopecia.
- Using appropriate natural remedies for hair fall can help to reduce the pace of hair shedding.
- They can effectively curb hair loss if they’re coupled with a balanced diet and exercise regime.
- Green tea rub: Brew 2 tea bags in one cup of water. Apply the cooled tea to your scalp. Leave it on for one hour and wash off.
- Onion, Garlic or Ginger Juice: Take sufficient amount of freshly extracted juice. Directly massage on the scalp. Wash with warm water in the morning.
- Massage: One of the best hair fall remedies. Apply warm coconut, rosemary or germanium oil on the scalp one hour before head wash.
- Henna: This natural dye can effectively treat itching, redness, dandruff and hairfall. Use it weekly for best results.
- Honey-Curd paste: Mix 2 tsp each of honey and lemon juice in 4 tsp of curd. Spread this paste evenly on your scalp and hair. Wash after 30 minutes with mild shampoo.
- Change hair products: Do not use hard shampoos, serums or conditioners. Switch them with herb or essential oil based products. Pro tip - look for Neem and Aloe vera in the ingredient list.
Does depression cause hair loss?
- Hair grows out of tiny pores called follicles, that provide nourishment and strength to strands.
- You cannot regrow hair if the underlying follicles are dead, damaged or inactive for a long period of time.
- However, remedies for hair thinning and regrowth can be of great help to maintain health of active follicles and strengthen hair strands.
- Aloe vera gel: Apply it before head wash to soothe the scalp and eliminate infections. It also helps with itching.
- Ashwagandha: Consume 1-2 tablets of Ashwagandha daily for better hair growth rate. It boosts protein synthesis to make hair longer, stronger and shinier.
- Amla juice: Its Vitamin C keeps away scalp and hair issues. Apply it with oil or drink it up in the morning - either ways it's sure to amaze you!
- Bhringraj: Repairs the protective protein coating on hair. Mix equal amounts of Bhringraj powder and water to make a paste. Apply evenly and leave it on for an hour. Wash with warm water.
- Brahmi: Has a natural soothing effect on the hair follicles. Consume it as a powder or tablet to improve overall hair health.
Is hair loss a sign of stress?
- Yes. Depression is a serious psychological disorder that affects the brain and hormonal balance.
- This in turn may cause your hair to become dry, brittle or weak at the roots.
- You can reverse these effects by following lifestyle precautions and home remedies for hair fall and regrowth.
- It is advised to practice good hair hygiene and avoid exposing your hair to environmental agents like smoke, sun etc.
- Make sure to nourish your scalp with coconut oil before washing.
- Do not tie your hair in tight bands or knots.
- Brahmi is a great tonic for mental health that also works on the hair. You can consume 1-2 tablets on a daily basis for best results.
How much hair falling out is normal?
- There is a direct link between stress and hair loss.
- Mental strain induces both physiological and psychological changes in your body.
- As your well being deteriorates, your hair health also takes a toll.
- In general, stress can produce three types of effects on your hair, namely:
- Telogen effluvium: Condition where hair follicles stop developing and shrivel off. Typical symptoms include hair loss in clumps.
- Trichotillomania: Obsessive urge to pull out hair strands under anxiety or stress provoking situations.
- Alopecia areata: Overactive immune cells start attacking hair follicles,leading to excess hair loss.
- All of these effects are reversible with the help of Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss.
- On an average, it is normal to lose 50-100 hair strands per day.
- But this number can vary depending upon the kind of conditions you are currently living in.
- For instance, you can lose upto 200 strands during hair wash with a hard shampoo.
- And, it can go up to 300-400 strands per day during later trimesters of pregnancy.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device